My Project Work

My current project work is researching the PBL (project based learning) process at three levels, elementary, middle and high school. I am fortunate to work in an innovative environment that allows for me to co-facilitate pbl work at all levels 4th-12th grade.

What I have discovered this year is that I am really passionate about PBL work. Although I have known this all along being in an environment where the day to day reality allows for PBL work to occur fairly seamlessly is pretty amazing.

This year's journey has had some successes and some bumps along the way. I have documented the entire journey in another blog called "Two Educators, One Journey." The "Two Educators" blog consists of daily reflective posts not only on my PBL work but on the year in general.

"
Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome."
Arthur Ashe

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

End of Day Reflection

Did I achieve my goals today?
  1. Check ins with PBL groups. Goal Accomplished.
  2. Work with Mysterious Package on looking at a blog from a class in England.Will have to do tomorrow.
  3. Finish Math Inquiry Videos. Yes and we had a blast!
What did I learn about myself as a facilitator today?

A lot of the same things keep popping up in my mind. The students need to be self motivated during work time but constantly need people to follow up and check on them. One student in particular did almost nothing. She came in late, talked to friends and then got really stressed out when we discussed next week's work. The students were talking about how excited they were that they were out of school next week. However, we are not out of school. The facilitators are traveling to a conference in Orlando so OH is closed but the point of a virtual model is that even if the actual bricks and mortar building is not unlocked that work goes on. This is a concept that we need to get through to the students and families. I think that we will get there but right now it is slow going.

No comments:

Post a Comment