My Project Work

My current project work is researching the PBL (project based learning) process at three levels, elementary, middle and high school. I am fortunate to work in an innovative environment that allows for me to co-facilitate pbl work at all levels 4th-12th grade.

What I have discovered this year is that I am really passionate about PBL work. Although I have known this all along being in an environment where the day to day reality allows for PBL work to occur fairly seamlessly is pretty amazing.

This year's journey has had some successes and some bumps along the way. I have documented the entire journey in another blog called "Two Educators, One Journey." The "Two Educators" blog consists of daily reflective posts not only on my PBL work but on the year in general.

"
Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome."
Arthur Ashe

Monday, February 7, 2011

End of Day Reflection

Yay! I achieved my goals to day. Hot diggity dog!

Next steps are to look at group's pacing and take some of the lessons.

Today was a good day overall. I feel like the projects will be pretty much wrapped up by the end of next week.

Once lesson plans are done I think my next steps will be: to start making project plans for the rest of the year.

One small reflection is that I feel like as sad as it is the students that just take the lessons will probably be more aware of what they learned than students in the traditional class. I know the students engaged in the actual PBL work are learning more but what I am talking about is when they look at their classmate's work on standards. This probably does not make sense if you are reading it but if you are living the experience it really makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment